I am proud to call myself a longtime Danbury resident who has worked and lived in our community for over 45 years when I arrived at the age of 11 in 1978. For the past 22 years, I’ve been employed by the State of Connecticut as an Investigator in the Office of the Public Defender in the Danbury Judicial District. My education includes a Master’s Degree from the University of Connecticut in Homeland Security Leadership, as well as, a Bachelor’s Degree from Western CT State University in Justice & Law Administration. Additionally, I’m a graduate of Henry Abbott Technical School and was honored to be an inductee in 2011 to the School’s Hall of Fame. In 2014, I was elected President of the Henry Abbott Technical Hall of Fame Committee.
Most of all, I’ve had the opportunity to honor our city, state, and nation by serving in the US Army and US Army Reserves where I currently hold the rank of Command Sergeant Major. Twice during my career, I’ve been deployed to Iraq in support of the Global War on Terrorism. I’ve had many accomplishments during my service to our nation, but I am most proud of and humbled by the 3 Bronze Stars, 2 Meritorious Service Medals, 5 Army Accommodation Medals with Valor Device, Operation Iraqi Freedom Medal with 4 Campaign Stars and Combat Action Badge.
I’m also a proud graduate of the US Army Sergeant Major Academy. During my Army career, I have served as the Command Sergeant Major of the Warrior Transition Battalion at Fort Lewis, WA. This unit’s mission is to provide command and control, primary care and case management for wounded soldiers; and to establish conditions for healing and promoting the timely return to service or transition to civilian life. I was responsible for over 700 soldiers and their families at locations in the sates of Washington, Oregon, California and Nevada.
My involvement and memberships in local civic organizations include:
- VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) – Lifetime Member
- Catholic War Veterans – Member
- Danbury Veterans Council – Member
- NW Sergeant Major Association – Member
- Association of the United States Army – Lifetime Member
- Portuguese Cultural Center – Member
- Portuguese Cultural Center Veterans Association – Director
- Habitat for Humanity – Volunteer
- Danbury Youth Soccer – Coach for 18 years
- Henry Abbott Technical School Hall of Fame Committee – President
- Henry Abbott Technical School Parent/Faculty/Student Organization-President